Planroom Rules and Regulations
The Builders Exchange of St. Paul has always had great cooperation from those who use the Plan Room facilities. We appreciate this and will continue to do everything we can to render maximum service to the greatest number of members. Your suggestions are always welcome and will be studied by the Plan Room Committee. We hope you will take pride in keeping the Builders Exchange neat and in observing all of the rules.
Plan Room Rules and Regulations
To download a PDF version of our Rules and Regulations, click here.
In order to acquaint members with the proper use of the Plan Room operations and facilities of the Builders Exchange, the Plan Room Committee offers the following information and rules:
- The Plan Room hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Plans reserved for take-out must be released at 4:45 p.m. except on Friday, when they must be released at 4:30 p.m.
- Plans must always be returned to their numbered bins after you are through. No plan may be passed from one user to another.
- No more than one plan can be taken for use at one time during the day. You can use only one at a time. Do not delay others by taking more.
- Plans and specifications are the property of the architects and engineers and are not to be separated into sections by any estimator. Consult the Staff, or Exchange Manager, if you have any questions.
- Plans left on tables during the noon hour, or coffee breaks, may be checked by others while not in use.
- Plans to be taken out over night, or over the weekend, must be reserved in advance with the Staff. Reservation limit is 3 plans.
- Plans taken out over night must be returned promptly at the opening of the next business day – 8:00 a.m. If plans are returned late twice, the privilege of taking them out will be revoked for the offender for a period of four weeks.
- Please cancel your over night plan reservations if you will not be using them.
- Plans may be reserved in advance for morning use and will be held for a maximum of 20 minutes after the opening time.
- Plans may not be reserved for use at any other daytime hour. They will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis and must not be removed from the Plan Room during the office hours.
- A plan reserved for morning by one party may not be taken out by the same party at night, unless no one else requests the plan.
- A plan reserved morning, or night, by one party may be reserved for the following morning or night by the same party, unless no one else requests the plan.
- Plans must never be mutilated or marked in any way. If you become aware of any violations, please inform the Staff.
ADDENDA & BIDDERS LISTS:
- Please copy bidders lists while you are at the Exchange office and eliminate the need for calling us from your office.
- Always check the list of Addenda received daily. This is your responsibility. The Staff will be responsible only for listing and filing the Addenda as received.
USE OF ROOMS:
- The Plan Room may not be used as an office for the transaction of general business other than matters immediately related to plans and bids. Do not remove Sweet’s catalog, or other Exchange property, from the premises.
- Controls for heat, air conditioning and humidity are to be set only by Staff. Requests for change must be made directly to Staff.
- Do not occupy more than one estimating table at one time.
- The Builders Exchange is a non-smoking facility.
- If you occasionally eat lunch in the Plan Room, please clean up and deposit debris in the waste baskets.
- Quiet must be maintained in the Plan Room so as not to distract others. If you plan to work in pairs, please use the conference room.
- Be considerate in your use of the FAX machine. Incoming transmissions for you should be sent to your office, whenever possible.
- Beverage containers must be emptied and deposited in waste baskets. They must not be left on tables, or counters.
- Candy wrappers must not be left on tables, but must be deposited in waste baskets
- The phone service and paging we provide free is a great help to Plan Room users. In return, we expect that you restrict your calls to necessary business only, keeping all calls brief and refraining from personal calls.
- LONG DISTANCE. We expect full cooperation on long distance calls. Notify Staff in each case where the call was operator-assisted. Do it immediately after you finish the call or the long distance privilege will be removed. No direct-dial calls allowed unless the Staff has been informed of the number dialed. Long distance calls will be charged to your account.
- Incoming calls will be received by the Staff who will either page you or put a message in the note-holder at the counter.
- There is a $1.00 charge for directory information calls. Pay the Staff as soon as the call is complete.
- Cell phones are permitted in the Plan Room. Please make every effort to turn your ring volume down to a level that will not interrupt others seated around you. Remember to keep your voice down. Loud voices are disruptive in the Plan Room.
- Self-service photocopying is available for copying sheets of both specs and plans. Photocopies may be charged to member’s account, or paid for in cash. Sales tax will apply to the total charge.
- Estimators are not allowed to use their own photocopy machines in the Plan Room.
- Self-service FAX is available at minimal fees for both local and long-distance calls. FAX calls may be charged to the member’s account, or paid in cash. Sales tax will apply to the total charge.
- Internet access is provided free of charge for sending and receiving emails. Phone jack hook-up is required. See the Staff for further information.